Helpful things to consider
- Do try to use full words and sentences. Avoid text speak or USING CAPITALS to make it easier for everyone to understand what you are saying.
- Be considerate and respectful of others. You might not agree with what they say but you can put your side across without making personal attacks.
- Don’t post any private information about yourself, including contact details.
- If you feel any posts go against our guidelines, please use the “report this post” button and we will investigate.
- We can’t go into individual issues in the comments. For personal 1:1 help, call our free and impartial money advice line on 0300 500 5000. It’s open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturday.
- We’ll do our best to respond to queries within three hours during office hours Monday to Friday, and comments made outside of those times will be looked at first thing in the morning or on a Monday.
When you are posting comments, it’s important to follow our commenting policy.
We will remove any posts that don’t adhere to this policy and we reserve the right to ban any user for serious offences, including repeat breaches.
- Comments should be relevant to the blog post topic.
- Don’t be offensive. This includes, but isn’t limited to, anything we deem to be offensive, harassing, threatening or abusive.
- Do not use language, links or content that is, or could be seen as, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racist, sexist, homophobic or hateful.
- Trolling (i.e. any deliberate attack, bullying or provoking of other commenters or post writers) is not accepted.
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court).
- Any links posted will be moderated. Please do not link to anything off topic, commercial organisations or any website which goes against the other guidelines.
Commenting terms & conditions
- You must be over 16 or have parental permission to post a comment.
- If you opt into the Money Advice Service newsletter, you agree to receive emails from us.
- The Money Advice Service is not accountable for the content of your comments, including product recommendations or critiques.
- The content in the Your Money Advice blog, whether in articles or comments, should not be taken as financial advice. You will not be recompensed for any losses as a result of actions you take.
- Any comments you make can be used by the Money Advice Service for future editorial or marketing opportunities.