Before you borrow
Find out if you need to borrow money and whether you can afford it. Learn how to work out the true cost of borrowing.
- Do you need to borrow money?
- How to work out the true cost of borrowing
- Debt test
- Borrowing and credit basics
- Compare the cost of borrowing £1,000
- Avoid high fees and hidden borrowing costs
- Compare the cost of borrowing £5,000
- Loan calculator
- Should you borrow from family or friends?
- Taking out a joint loan: what you need to know
- Secured and unsecured borrowing explained
- Good debt versus bad debt
- Working out a repayment plan for your borrowing
- How much can you afford to borrow for a mortgage?
- Building a credit history as a young consumer
- Can you afford to borrow money?