Cars and travel
Help with buying, running and selling a car, buying foreign currency, and sending money abroad
Handpicked content for you...
Travel money and sending money abroad
Buying foreign currency, cheap cards to use abroad, and choosing the best way to send money overseas.
Running a car
Your rights if something’s wrong with your new car, cutting car finance costs, top MOT tips, advice for younger drivers, plus could you manage without a car?
How to buy a car
What to consider before buying a new or used car, including your budget, car finance options, and how to negotiate the best deal.
- How to find the right car for your budget
- Car finance explained
- Making sure you can meet your car payments
- Car costs calculator
- Buying a car through a personal loan
- Leasing a car
- Buying a car through hire purchase
- The most reliable cars to own
- The safest cars to drive
- Car depreciation explained
- Car tax bands explained
- Choosing between petrol and diesel power
- Alternatives to petrol and diesel cars
- Where to buy a new car
- Where to buy a used car
- When to buy a car
- How to negotiate when buying a car
- How to test drive and check a used car
- How to test drive and check a new car
- Car warranties
- Saving money for a car
- Deciding how to pay for a car
- What’s the best way to finance buying a car?
How to sell a car
Find out about the different ways to sell a car, how to negotiate a good price, and your options for disposing of an old car.