Help and advice on protecting your family and getting the right home and car insurance
How can we help?
Choosing the right level of cover, getting the best deal, and tips for young drivers.
- Car insurance – choose the right level of cover
- Car insurance – How to get the best deal
- Car insurance – what does a good policy look like?
- Young drivers’ insurance
- Car insurance when driving abroad
- Do you need GAP insurance?
Life and protection insurance
Learn about how to protect your financial future and find out more about the differences between life, critical illness and income protection insurance.
- Securing your financial future
- How much does protection insurance cost?
- Do you need life insurance?
- Do you need income protection insurance?
- Do you need critical illness cover?
- Do you need short-term income protection insurance (STIP)?
- Do you need payment protection insurance (PPI)?
- What financial protection might you already have?
- Protection insurance – tips and myths
- How and where to buy life insurance
- Life insurance – choosing a policy
- How and where to buy income protection insurance
- Income protection insurance – choosing a policy
- How and where to buy critical illness insurance
- Critical illness insurance – choose the right policy
- How and where to buy short-term income protection insurance
- Short-term income protection – choosing a policy
- How and where to buy payment protection insurance
- Payment protection insurance – choosing a policy
- How to claim for mis-sold payment protection insurance (PPI)
- Are claims management companies worth it?
- Do you need private medical insurance?
- Do you need dental insurance?
- Whole-of-life policies
Find out if you need buildings and contents insurance and get help with choosing the right policy and cover.
- Buildings insurance – Do you need it?
- Buildings insurance – how much cover do you need?
- Buildings insurance – what does a good policy look like?
- Do you need contents insurance?
- Contents insurance – choose the right policy and cover
- Contents insurance – what does a good policy look like?
Help with choosing the right pet insurance policy and cover.View more View less
Help with insurance
Understand what insurance is and how it works. Find out how to buy insurance and how to go about making a claim.
- What is insurance?
- Types of insurance
- Things to look out for when buying insurance
- How to buy insurance using comparison sites
- When to use an insurance broker
- Making an insurance claim
- How to make an insurance complaint
- Sort out a money problem or make a complaint
- Financial Services Compensation Scheme
- What to do when things go wrong – payments
- Financial mis-selling – what to do if you're affected
- Compensation if you’ve lost money through mis-selling
- What to do if your insurance claim is rejected
- Action plan – How to complain about an insurer
- Getting insurance if you have a criminal conviction
- Action plan – How to reclaim PPI
- Action plan – See if you need life insurance
Learn how to choose the right level of cover, get the best deal, and how to make a travel insurance claim.
- Do you need travel insurance?
- Travel insurance – choose the right policy and cover
- Travel insurance – what does a good policy look like?
- Travel insurance for over 65s and medical conditions
- How to get the best deal on travel insurance
- Be prepared when making a travel insurance claim