Mortgage and rent problems

Help if you're struggling with your mortgage or rent payments and information on government support if you can't pay your mortgage.

  1. Mortgage arrears or problems paying your mortgage
  2. Help with rent arrears and problems with paying your rent
  3. Negative equity: what it means and what you can do about it
  4. Government help if you can’t pay your mortgage
  5. Sale-and-rent-back schemes
  6. How does remortgaging work?
  7. Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI)