Taking control of debt
Where to get free debt advice, how to speak to the people you owe money to, and tips to help you pay back your debts in the right order.
- Where to go to get free debt advice
- How to prioritise your debts
- Help if you’re struggling with debt
- Best ways to pay off your debts – England and Wales
- Options for clearing your debt – Northern Ireland
- Options for clearing your debt – Scotland
- How to reduce the cost of your credit and store card debt
- How to reduce the cost of your personal loans
- Prioritise and deal with late payment letters
- What is a County Court Judgment (CCJ)?
- Dealing with the debts of someone who has died
- What is an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)?
- What is a Debt Management Plan (DMP)?
- What is an Administration Order?
- What is a Debt Relief Order (DRO)?
- How to declare yourself bankrupt